bio-ARMA™ is a novel bio-based broad spectrum antimicrobial
designed for the elimination of microbial activity on all types of material surfaces. bio-ARMA™ is easily added to a wide range of materials including paper, plastics, paint/coatings, polystyrene, silicones, etc.
Due to increased competition, materials companies throughout the world are looking to enhance their product offerings by incorporating the latest solutions to capitalize on previously untouched markets. bio-ARMA™ can be easily added to most materials to enhance the value of the materials and therefore finished products to the prospective clients.
Current antimicrobial solutions such as silver or phages are either too expensive or do not provide the range of protection against the more-resistant bacteria present in today’s Healthcare environments. Silver, a popular choice by some manufacturers is expensive and provides efficacy in only wet or humid environments. Phages are difficult to work with and offering increasing concern relating to using living organisms to kill other organisms.
The following are just several of the reasons why paper manufacturers and processers are now turning to bio-ARMA™ antimicrobials for their products protection:
- bio-ARMA™ is manufactured from over 92% bio-based ingredients, some of which are found or produced within the human body.
- bio-ARMA™ is recognized as being a fraction of the cost of silver and other competitive materials.
- bio-ARMA™ has shown excellent efficacy toward both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria including the deadliest pathogens listed by the CDC, FDA and Center for Infectious Diseases including resistant bacteria or Superbugs including pneumonia, VRE, VRSA, MRSA, E.coli and many others. It has also proven to have excellent efficacy in both an antifungal and antiviral applications.
- bio-ARMA™ will help save lives of patients throughout hospital environments, protecting doctors, nurses and staff, and making for an overall safer environment.
- bio-ARMA™ will add value to manufacturers products as products can be marketed as having efficacy against the growing bacterial resistance.
- bio-ARMA™ works equally well in both wet and dry environments. Over 95% of antimicrobials used in the Healthcare sector today show little or no efficacy within “dry” environments.