bio-ARMA™ is positioned to have a profound impact on the future of adhesives throughout healthcare and medical settings.
The adhesives market is expected to reach around $60 billion per year by 2020. Areas of use within the Healthcare industry are Wound care products (adhesives for tapes and dressings), Transdermal and topical drug delivery systems, pressure sensitive adhesives, surgical tape, drapes, catheters, external prosthetic devices, etc.
Adhesive manufacturers are looking for ways to control microbial growth in the vast range of applications in which adhesives are used including packaging and pressure sensitive sticky notes.
The need for a new antimicrobial that can easily be added to adhesives offers many competitive advantages. bio-ARMA™ is positioned to have a profound impact on the future of adhesives within healthcare and medical settings.
Due to increased competition, adhesives companies through the world are looking to enhance their product offerings by incorporating the latest solutions to capitalize on previously untouched markets. bio-ARMA™ can be easily added to most adhesives to enhance the value to the finished products for the prospective clients.
Current solutions such as silver or phages are either too expensive or do not provide the range of protection against the more-resistant bacteria present in today’s Healthcare environments.
Silver, a popular choice by some manufacturers is expensive and provides efficacy in only wet or humid environments. Phages are difficult to work with and offering increasing concern relating to using living organisms to kill other organisms.
The following are just several of the reasons why adhesives manufacturers and processors are now turning to bio-ARMA™ antimicrobials for their products protection:
- bio-ARMA™ is manufactured from over 92% bio-based ingredients, some of which are found or produced within the human body.
- bio-ARMA™ is recognized as being a fraction of the cost of silver and other competitive materials.
- bio-ARMA™ has shown excellent efficacy toward both gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria including the deadliest pathogens listed by the CDC, FDA and Center for Infectious Diseases including resistant bacteria or Superbugs including pneumonia, VRE, VRSA, MRSA, E.coli and many others. It has also proven to have excellent efficacy in both an antifungal and antiviral applications.
- bio-ARMA™ will help save lives of patients throughout hospital environments, protecting doctors, nurses and staff, and making for an overall safer environment.
- bio-ARMA™ will add value to manufacturers products as products can be marketed as having efficacy against the growing bacterial resistance.
- bio-ARMA™ works equally well in both wet and dry environments. Over 95% of antimicrobials used in the Healthcare sector today show little or no efficacy within “dry” environments.
bio-ARMA™ is the obvious antimicrobial solution for adhesives within the Healthcare Sector.
bio-ARMA™ is simply in the business of creating safer environments. As populations come together in denser environments, and density is increased within Healthcare facilities including support facilities such as outpatient facilities, we owe a responsibility to those that will use the environments to provide the safest places for all to use
bio-ARMA™ is the clear solution for both commodity and specialized applications.
bio-ARMA™ will eliminate bacteria on adhesives creating safer environments for the people who use it. As populations come together in denser environments, and sharing of spaces, transportation and commercial goods becomes more commonplace, it is important for manufacturers to offer built in antimicrobial protection to their adhesive products.
bio-ARMA™ can be easily added to materials during their production. The addition of bio-ARMA™ will add value to existing products in the form of greater safety to users of the products and greater return for the manufacturers that have created them.
bio-ARMA™ is a bio-based, broad spectrum, innovative, inexpensive solution to microbial problems encountered throughout the world. We invite you to experience the benefits bio-ARMA™ can provide to your products and materials. We are here to enhance your products and the lives of those that use them.